Super Bowl Sunday.
What are you serving? What are you bringing? What are you enjoying as the New England Patriots and the New York Giants battle it out for Superbowl 46.
I've had some friends ask for some recipes so here are some favorites that will make your guests happy, whether your team wins or loses!
1. Any type of Beer or Be-ah...as New Englanders refer to it!
2. White Wine - Sauvignon Blanc - My favorite, Kim Crawford.
3. Pineapple Sangria - Absolutely delicious. We are making these on Sunday.
4. Bourbon Annie - Because it's 5 O'Clock somewhere...
1. Killer Guacamole - An absolute crowd pleaser.
2. Sticky Chicken Wings - For those who need something other than Buffalo Wings. Really sticky...bet you can't put them down!
3. Fish Chowder - If we aren't doing clam chowdah, we New Englanders need something with seafood. This is an easy crowd pleaser. (Hint - better than clam chowder)
4. Fish Cakes - If you want to be a little more create, these are delicious and can cover for any chowder.
5. Carrot Top and Toasted Walnut Pesto - If you can find some bunches of carrots with greens, this is an amazing appetizer dip.
1. Al Roker's Spectacular Beef Chili - Just made it a few weeks ago, always a family favorite.
2. Good Old Fashioned Beef Stew - A nice dish for those who aren't chili lovers.
3. Sausages, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes - Love this dish! Easy, hearty and allows you to enjoy the game while it cooks.
4. Chicken and White Bean Chili - A twist on traditional chili. Delicious!
5. Sausage Risotto with Tomatoes and Basil - I wanted an Italian dish but not a spaghetti and meatballs, this is perfect.
1. Minnesota Baked Beans - A nice side dish to go with a salad, steak, burgers or hot dogs.
2. Taco Salad - For those who are looking for a spicy salad especially if you are not serving chili.
3. Quinoa and Salsa Salad - Do you want something that is nutritious and delicious?
4. Red Skinned Potato Salad - If you are serving hearty sandwiches, finish with a deliciously light and flavorful potato salad.
1. Andria's Chocolate Chip Cookies - For all the people who have tasted my chocolate chip cookies...this is the best recipe!
2. Brownies with Browned Butter and Walnuts - The best brownies you will ever taste - nutty caramel.
3. Alice's Molasses Squares - My personal favorite. My grandmother made these all the time. Just don't tell people there is molasses in them. What they don't know won't hurt them...
4. Jelly-Filled Thumbprint Cookies - Hands down the easiest and most delicious thumbprint cookies you will ever eat! And fill them with your favorite jelly or jam.
5. Slab Apple Pie - A sheet pan style apple pie. Make it on Saturday, enjoy it on Sunday.
Enjoy, be safe...and may the best team win! GO PATS! Happy 22nd birthday to my son, Michael!