So often we come home after a long day and wonder what we can make for dinner. When our window of opportunity for dinner is one hour, finding a recipe that finishes in 30 to 40 minutes is wonderful.
Here is an easy recipe that tastes great and makes up in the amount of time it takes you to cook your pasta. This Shrimp Scampi Pasta recipe came from a site called Group Recipes. This dish was a nice flavor with a little bit of heat and a glass of white wine doesn't hurt either!
- Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add garlic to oil remaining in skillet along with red pepper flakes, wine, salt, and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture and parsley in large bowl, adding some of reserved cooking water if necessary to keep moist.