In honor of National Chocolate Week in the UK, I decided I would start this week with a quick chocolate dessert. While at the market, picking up some last minute items for dinner, I came across Football Oreos. With football season in full swing, why not add some chocolate to these limited edition cookies and use them for my next football party.
They were very easy to make:
1. I melted one 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (over a double boiler).
2. I also melted 2- 8 ounce bars of Hershey Symphony Bar with Toffee and Almond Bits (over another double boiler).
I dipped 1/2 the cookies in the milk chocolate mixture and half in the semi-sweet chocolate.
Then I drizzled addition dark chocolate over all the cookies.
When I was finished, I had some milk chocolate and dark chocolate left over. I mixed a handful of pretzel nuggets into the dark chocolate, coated them well and turned them onto a tray covered in parchment paper. I took the last of the milk chocolate and added that along with a few sprinkles of Heath Bar English Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits. As the chocolate hardened, I broke them into three nuggets apiece.
The responses so far:
1. My nephew Matthew ate the milk chocolate covered oreo and text, "The cookie was amazing!"
2. My daughter, Danielle, "Mom, I ate one for breakfast, they were delicious!"
3. My son, Stephen, "I shared them with some friends, they thought they were great!"
4. I love Symphony Bars so the milk chocolate ones worked for me. My own response...why didn't I make more of the milk chocolate ones?
My suggestion...buy as many packages of football oreos as possible, start dipping them and bring them to the next football party. They are guaranteed to score a touchdown!