This past year, I have learned quite a bit about making good chocolate chip cookies. I've learned that when you add dark brown sugar to a recipe it helps give the cookie a crispy, yet chewy consistency. I've also learned that kosher salt helps to give that sweet and salty taste to the already incredible cookie. The large grains of salt balance the sweetness of the cookie. Lastly, chocolate chip cookies taste the best when you use good chocolate, like a 60% cacao bittersweet.
Using what I have learned, I have slightly revamped an already great cookie recipe called Andria's Chocolate Chip Cookie. These are by far the easiest and most delicious chocolate chip cookies you will ever make. My favorite part is that they disappear very quickly, which tells me they are worth making...over and over and over again. These are (by far) our most favorite cookies to make and eat.
Make this a year round favorite!
1 1/3 cups of butter
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 package of Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 package of Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter with sugars until well blended. (You can do this by hand or with an electric beater)
3. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
6. Place well rounded tablespoons of cookie dough on baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden and the cookie is no longer wet. For crispier cookies, bake to golden (about 10-12).
7. Allow to cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet and place on a cooling rack.
8. Enjoy a warm cookie with milk...bet you can't eat just one!
9. Cool completely before storing. Makes about 50-60 cookies and can be frozen for up to 3 months.